(Scroll below rules to see updated entries!)
It’s here.. It’s here… That spooky time of year!
Come join the Halloween fun at YarnWars!
We are revving up our contest and mini challenges again here at YarnWars! WOOHOO!
Unfortunately, there has been a bit of down time due to, well… many things!
Life sometimes, as many of you know, gets in the way and it honestly has been a little overwhelming over the past few months, but OH how I LOVE Halloween, so here we go!
The Grand Prize winner of this contest will be the entry with the most votes!
I also want to show a little love to all participants in this contest. Therefore, once the Grand Prize winner has been chosen, all remaining entrants, along with all who participated in voting, will be entered into a drawing for the drawing gift pictured below!!!
Pink Handi Stitch Yarn Storage bag dimensions- 33cm x 27cm Bag is made of quality textured PCV + Handy Accessory Pouch. Ideal for any crocheter or knitter! Take your craft on the go! Your accessories even have their own pouch to keep them safe in transit! This spacious storage bag can hold up to 8 skeins of yarn! Perfect for on the go or at home to keep all your tools and yarn together and safe from dirt and pets!
ANTI-TANGLING TECHNOLOGY- The Handi Stitch storage bag has two slits located on the top of the bag, big enough for the yarn to feed through. You don’t even have to take the yarn out of the case to use, and it protects your yarn from outside factors. (Yarn and needles in yarn storage bag picture are not included.)
DRAWING PRIZE to follow main contest shown below:
The Bead Bazaar Soda Pop Scarf Kit! Make a fluffy rainbow scarf, complete with fringe
This kit Includes 2 balls of soft acrylic yarn (140 grams), 2 bamboo knitting needles and a fully-illustrated instruction book
Now for the details of the contest!
Enter your spookiest yarn make! It can be a spider, a witch, a jack-o-lantern, whatever spooky little creature or work up you like! It can be a spooky amigurumi, a spooky bag, spooky hat, spooky scarf, you name it! It must be YOUR creation and YOUR photo. If we find the photo entry has violated any copyright laws, photo and entrant will be disqualified.
RULES: ALL IMPORTANT… PLEASE READ BEFORE ENTERING:
1. IMPORTANT: How to enter: Send your photo entry to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your birthdate as confirmation of your eligibility & your Facebook user name so I can alert of submissions received via Facebook as well, no later than 11:59 pm EST October 22nd. You will also receive a confirmation email from us when we have received your entry. (I will be checking email for entries as often as possible. Please allow up to 24 hrs for confirmation email reply.)
2. You are allowed 1 entry only. Links to patterns need not be included.
3. You must be at least 18 yrs of age or older to enter. If you’re not 18, have a parent enter for you!
4. MOST countries are eligible to enter for the prizes listed. Please contact me if outside of the US or Canada to confirm your country’s eligibility on these particular prizes. If you are outside of the areas of shipping, you are still welcome to participate, however, prizes will be at our discretion based on shipping cost/restriction. (This could mean if you are the winner, you may receive an digital gift of some sort or gift card equal to value of prize.)
5. Once we have posted the final entries at close of submissions, voting will begin by 11:59 on October 23rd when all entries are posted by me & updated in the Official Voting pinned post on the YarnWars Facebook Page. Announcement will be made to begin voting. 1 like = 1 vote. You may vote on multiple entries if you like.
6. Voting will end Sunday October 30th at 11:59pm, Grand Prize Winner will be announced before noon on October 31st! Halloween =)
Drawing will commence on Halloween and will be announced by end of day.
This contest is different from our contests in the past. This year, we will not have you post your creations here in the post. You will email them to email@example.com. We have had issues in the past keeping all entries in one location, so we’re just trying it a bit different this round. We’ll see how it goes!
Final entries will not be posted live until just before the voting begins, I may create a page on YarnWars.com to keep entries updated, however you will receive a confirmation reply from me when I’ve received your entry.
I will update this post in the comments with your Facebook user name as soon as I have received your entry as well so you will again be alerted.
Ok folks! Now it’s up to you! Send me some spooky creations quick! You have until the 22nd at 11:59 pm EST… and make sure you include the information in your email entry noted above!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
Make sure to Like us on Facebook!
We will be enlisting some help from our talented friends in our Yarnwars Facebook group (seperate from page) to participating in the voting =)
ENTRIES RECEIVED: (Updated Monday, October 3rd)
Please note: Submission photos on this page are not for voting purposes. This is just so that you are able to verify your entry has been included and for others to have a preview of the entries they will be voting on beginning October 23rd. All submissions will be posted in full size received on our YarnWars Facebook Page the day voting begins.